The venerable Heathkit served generations of hobbyists and engineers alike of all ages. Its doors may be shut, but you can still build circuits and equipment yourself at home in your workshop, thanks to companies like SparkFun. Download Communications Editor Lou Frenzel's history of Heathkit as well as his look at SparkFun, its heir apparent.
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high resolution graphics and schematics.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Electronic Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Gain access to the complete 2016 Salary & Career Report when you register now.
Joining the Electronic Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high-quality content